Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Last Week of Training!

June 30, 2013

HELLO!

Somehow this was the last week of training already. And I hit my one year mark. I have less than a year! Also some crazy announcements: the President got revelation that we have to basically stop everything we're doing and make "inviting" for 2 hours our first priority. It's lead to some crazy finds. Like, where are this prepared people coming from? It's been a real push to open my mouth and it will be filled. Somehow I'm going around talking to people. They're understanding me, we're talking. People are giving me contact information-- they want better lives. It's true, even a 1 minute testimony can open a heart to the gospel. Always open your mouth!!

But with that said, I've had to be more smooth than before. Because it's weird to just come up and say: "Have you ever heard of Jesus Christ?" Honestly, people stare like, "Uhm...." and freak out. You have to make a connection first! You have to learn about them! Be friends! Let them trust you and they'll hear your message. I experienced that with a family that was out for a night together in UD Town. I saw them trying to take a picture together. So while my companion was talking to the other set of missionaries, I was like, "Hmmm." and went over and offered to take the picture. At first they were like, "Oh, no, it's fine." But I felt like I should stay. I stayed near but not awkward.

They then decided they needed me. YES. Needless to say, they were like, "WHOA she can speak Thai. You can speak Thai? What the?" Everyone's smiles came on, they were asking me a million questions. And I was answering them! Then a son says: "You don't have to speak Thai. You can speak English." I JUMPED. I was like, "WHOA you speak english!!!" and he says: "I'm from LA. I'm just on vacation to visit my family."

Oh my gosh, I was so surprised. It cracked me up. So there ya go. Its hard to describe the small success it was to be a lone missionary speaking with a FULL family-- over 10 people, young and old, all completely drawn in on you. It was exhilarating.

In other news..... 2 people preparing for baptism!!!!! WOO!

One of which is a man I've literally grown to love so much. She's like 60+ years old and probably the sweetest and most accepting and happiest old man there is. He's a security guard who wears crazy polka dot socks under his uniform boots. His name is Cheluum. I decided if I Grandpa Payne was Thai, maybe he would be like this man. I want nothing else but to see Cheluum get baptized. He's my Thai grandpa.

Other than that, I got sick this week. Merrr. But meds did the trick and I'm back and at it!!!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! It's hard. It's REALLY hard. But oh, when you find that one old man you were meant to find, it's so sweet.

Love you all! You have no idea what your support means!!!

Sis Painter

No comments:

Post a Comment